” If dogs could talk, it would take a lot of fun out of owning one”
Dog art by eileen
Homemade Dog Biscuits
1 cup uncooked oatmeal
1 tbls bouillon granules (beef or chicken)
3/4 cup powdered milk
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup hot water
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- preheat oven to 325F.
- in a large bowl, pour hot water over oatmeal, bouillon granules and butter, allow to stand for about 5 minutes.
- mix in beaten egg, powdered milk and cornmeal ~ combine well.
- add yeast and flour, a little at a time while mixing. continue to stir thoroughly. add more flour if necessary to make the dough very stiff.
- roll dough into a 1/2 ” thickness to cut into shapes and place on lightly greased baking sheet (lightly grease the sheet with butter wrapper).
- bake at 325F for 45 minutes. turn off oven and crack oven door but leave biscuits in to slowly cool and throroughly dry out.